The new rave with Coconut oil is not really a new one because the benefits of this oil has not changed and it has been known by many in the beauty industry. Although the consumption of Coconut oil has been received tepidly by many no one can deny its powerful benefits for hair. If you are natural and need a extra boos to your hair care regimen or are at your wits end trying to combat dry hair this is the one staple that you should seriously consider adding to your arsenal. The reasons listed below is most definitely a short list as to why Coconut oil should be a staple in your natural hair care regime but compelling none the less.
- Coconut oil is a great source to provide moisture to your hair. The oil is completely absorbed by the hair and fills up the hair shaft which means a little goes a long way. The oil will last for a while.
- Coconut oil adds body and gives the appearance of thicker hair because the hair absorbs it completely.
- Coconut oil protects the hair from damage by sealing in moisture. The key fact is that if the hair will absorb so much and if it is filled with coconut oil then you don’t have to worry about anything else entering the hair shaft.
- Coconut oil minimizes breakage by protecting the follicles and strengthening the hair.
- Coconut oil when used to give scalp massages helps the hair to absorb nutrients and stimulate blood circulation which prevents scalp build up.
HOT OIL Treatment:
You can also use Coconut oil as a hot oil treatment by heating it in the microwave, apply to your hair, cover with a cap and wait fifteen minutes before shampooing. The oil will give your hair a nice shine while adding moisture.
If you have dry and damaged hair you can mix four to five tablespoons of coconut oil with your favorite conditioner; apply to damp hair; cover with a cap and sit under dryer or steamer for 30 minutes. Rinse out and style as usual.
Lastly, if you are looking for a good quality coconut oil check out http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm, it is the only coconut oil that I use. I love the smell, texture and feel of the oil. It also mixes well with my Shea butter souffles. I believe that it is worth every penny. Have a Happy Natural Day!!